I got my StrideBox last week but didn’t get to post the video until now because I was traveling. There are some really cool things in here, including:
- Zing Nutrition Bar – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. It’s vegan and has 10 grams of protein, and it looks delicious.
- Generation UCAN Sports Drink Mix (tried it). It was supposed to be lemonade flavored, but I found it to be more chalk-flavored. I also didn’t notice any difference when I ran – I was actually more sluggish, probably because it didn’t have caffeine.
- PowerBar Energy Gel Blasts – Strawberry Banana. I’m always open to trying new gels and chews, especially as I work toward my half marathon goal.
- Honey Stinger Organic Energy Gel – Vanilla. Actually, I’m pretty happy to try this! I haven’t seen Honey Stinger in any of my usual stores, and I don’t want to commit to a box until I can try it. So this is awesome.
- COCO HYDRO – Coconut Water Anytime, Anywhere. This is a packet with dehydrated coconut water. I’m intrigued.
- NoGii Protein D’Lites (tried it) – Chocolate Caramel Bliss. I could do with less chocolate, honestly, but the bar is gluten free and has 8 grams of protein. It was tasty, but it left that kind of strange chemically aftertaste. It’s a good snack in a pinch, though.
- ShowerPill – Athletic Body Wipe. This is so going in my gym bag for those extra-sweaty days.
- SAFETY – Reflective Slap Bracelet. Ahhhh, back to the 1980s! I couldn’t resist playing with this in the video.
Meanwhile, I completed my second long run today: 7 miles. I used a GU gel that was in my Christmas stocking about halfway through, swigged a bit of water, and was pumped for the rest of the run. I got to do three training runs this week in Southern California, in beautiful 70+ degree weather. One was on the Santa Monica bike path, and the other two were around the outside of Disneyland in Anaheim.
And here’s why I’m doing this: to complete my first half marathon and fight diabetes. If you want to donate or read more about why I’m running, click here.