I think this is true for most of us: if we don’t prepare our meals in advance, we end up thinking that tortilla chips and cheese dip are a perfectly acceptable lunch.
What, that’s just me?
Anyhow, I’ve started doing meal prep for the week, preparing my lunches in batches and storing them in the fridge in Tupperware. I’ve had epic failures (overcooked fish and undercooked rice), as well as awesome success, like the lemon pesto chicken I’ve prepared below and been eating all week. It’s really easy to prepare lunches in advance, especially with this recipe.
|That’s three days of meal prep.|
What you’ll need:
- 5 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet Knorr Pesto Sauce Mix
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mix the pesto sauce mix, olive oil, and lemon juice into a paste. Add chicken and make sure it’s coated really well. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove the chicken breasts from the bowl with a fork and place on a broiler-safe sheet covered in foil.
- Broil for 8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Let cool and divide among 5 tupperware containers, along with precooked brown rice and steamed broccoli. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
So there you have it. Tasty chicken to add to your prepped lunches. Enjoy!