|Kids love it!|
Roasting chickens go on sale at my grocery store on a regular basis, and it’s hard to pass up 89 cents a pound for such a great source of protein. The problem is, four people do not eat an entire roasted chicken in one sitting.
Enter this recipe for chicken broccoli pasta, using the leftover chicken meat from either the roast chicken or a rotisserie chicken. It’s easy; it can be prepared with gluten-free pasta; and my kids actually ask me to make it. It takes 30 minutes, maximum to make and serves four with leftovers.
- About 3 cups of leftover chicken meat, shredded
- A can of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- A head of broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 oz of gluten-free pasta (penne and rotini are great choices)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (this can be omitted if you’re dairy-free)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried parsley