That “first name, hungry. Last name, always” meme really does apply to me, but I don’t want to be a human garbage disposal. So when I heard about Fit Snack, I was very excited to give them a try. Fit Snack includes what they call a mix of the “Perfect 10” in each box: snacks with high protein, complex carbs, low sugar, GMO free, Paleo, gluten free, clean eating, sustainable, organic, and raw. They graciously sent me the February box to review, and when I opened it, I gasped in delight.
- Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Cookie, Double Chocolate: This vegan cookie didn’t stand a chance. Ok, it’s not gluten-free, but it does have 16 grams of protein per cookie (one cookie is two servings), along with chocolate. It was absolutely delicious.
- Ips The Original Egg White Chips, Sea Salt and Black Pepper: These peppery chips were crunchy and satisfying. I like that they are packed with protein, but you could still taste a hint of egg under the pepper. Overall a pretty good potato chip alternative, which makes nighshade-free me very happy.
- Wyoming Gourmet Beef All Natural Angus Ginger and Garlic Stick: Oh so tasty! I don’t normally eat red meat, but I’m a sucker for these kinds of food. The ginger and garlic flavor was very refreshing.
- Wyoming Gourmet Beef All Natural Angus Jalapeno Stick: I took one for the team to eat this nightshade-packed stick, and it was delicious! I expected it to be fiery, but it was not. The jalapeno flavor was perfectly balanced.
- Nature Rich Dark Chocolate Superfruit Mix: If you say there’s dark chocolate in something, I will eat it. This gluten-free snack includes fruit and berries, and it’s like a healthy trail mix. Big thumbs up on this one.
- SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread: I love SunButter. This wasn’t new to me, but it was a staple of my daughter’s diet before she was allowed to eat peanut butter. It tastes pretty close to peanut butter, and it’s a great alternative since it’s not made on equipment that processes peanuts or tree nuts.
I still have some tasty-looking snacks left in my Fit Snack box:
- Funny Face Flavored Dried Cranberries: These look like an adorable lunchbox alternative to raisins. The ones in my Fit Snack box are “Choo Choo Cherry” flavored.
- Level Life Diabetes Management Protein Bar, Double Chocolate Chip: I did not even realize these were good for managing diabetes until I looked closely at the bar. It looks like any other protein bar, which is good for people who don’t want to advertise that they’re diabetic.
- Boulder Granola Granola, Chocolate-Chunk and Boulder Granola Granola, Cranberry: These are non-GMO, wheat free, and packed with protein. I am looking forward to trying these!
- Compete Energy Bites Chocolate: Just one of these bites is equal to 12 ounces of premium coffee, according to the label. I’m tucking one in my purse for a turbo boost if needed.
Overall, I love the Fit Snack box! If you sign up through www.fitsnack.com/cprun, you get a free gym bag.
You can also enter to win a free box at www.fitsnack.com/contest. The company does a monthly giveaway.
But seriously, sign up! You’ll be fueled with all sorts of healthy, delicious snacks that you can share (or keep for yourself). Fit Snack offers several different subscription plans, including 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, and annual subscription options. Monthly box prices start at $15.00 (+ $5 S/H) and provide double that value within each box.