After the Absolute Nutrition Health and Fitness Expo, I left with a box of goodies to review:
Victory Bars! What are these, you ask? They’re high-protein bars that have no artificial flavors and no artificial sweeteners. Victory Bars are certified gluten-free and come in seven different flavors. Here’s my take on five of them:
- Peanut Butter Chip definitely tastes like peanut butter. The appearance of it, like all of the Victory bars, is your standard protein bar, but don’t let that scare you. I also tasted actual peanut butter chips in there, making it a tasty post-workout snack.
- Vanilla Almond has that tiny bit of chalky aftertaste standard with protein bars. But it was still decent, and I’d reach for it in a pinch.
- Oatmeal Raisin was, by far, the most realistic-tasting of the bunch. There were real raisins baked into the protein bars, a good cinnamon-y flavor, and the bar tasted like a fresh oatmeal cookie.
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal also had that slight chalky flavor to it, but it was redeemed by real chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough actually did taste like cookie dough straight from the tube, and as a bonus, there were real chocolate chips.
Normally, I don’t stock up on protein bars, but with my hectic life lately, I’ve been investigating options even easier than making my own. My final verdict with these Victory Bars is that yes, they’re good, and they’re a good alternative to shakes and homemade bars. But will they be a staple in my hypoglycemia emergency kit? It’s also a possibility. I’d recommend them, though!