I neglected to write a Barbella Box review for the first box, shipped in January, for a couple of reasons. The first is that it took a while to ship, and the second is that the box came with a bra in the wrong size. To Barbella Box’s credit, they shipped out a replacement very quickly, and the box itself had some useful items: goat tape, RX bars.
With the February box, I feel like they’re still working out some of the kinks, but Barbella Box has the potential to be a great monthly subscription box for women who CrossFit. The February Barbella Box included:
- A Belle & Bell tank. I actually love this tank. It’s very yoga-meets-CrossFit. I wore it to CrossFit, and it was so comfortable.
- Two packets of Buff Bake Red Velvet Protein Peanut Spread. You don’t have to ask me twice about this. I’ve gotten it in another subscription box, and it is delicious. I love these little packets so that I can I have portable peanut butter. Ok, or so I can just have it perfectly portioned when I’m eating it straight up.
- Two packets of Stakk’d Performance Caffeine. I haven’t tried these yet, but they look incredibly useful. I’ve been taking e+ shots before WODs, but I’d definitely be willing to give these a go.
- WOD Repair Lotion. After 16.2, I was so, so happy to have this! I actually would have loved a bigger sample. I was rubbing it directly from the pot onto my poor callouses.
- Desert Shimmers lip balm. I love lip balm, but I haven’t yet cracked this one open. I’m still using my Burt’s Bees pomegranate.
- Gym Gypsy workout tracker. Jury’s still out on this one. I’m almost at the end of my WOD Book, so I’m giving this a try. I’d actually like it a lot more if it were undated. But there are sections for warmup/mobility work, strength, and conditioning, along with places to track your mood, sleep, soreness, and even rudimentary meals.
Overall, it’s a good box, and I’m happy to write a positive Barbella Box review. That said, there is room for improvement with the box itself. I’d love it if there were less shredded decorative paper packaging; my cat gets into it and makes a giant mess. Also, one thing that is definitely missing is a card explaining the selection. For example, last month, there were vitamin packets but no information on what was in them. I had to go to the vitamin company’s website to find out what they were.
Do I recommend it? Definitely. If you sign up, in the box for a referral, put Christine Parizo so I get credit. But seriously, Barbella Box has a lot of potential, and I’m very much looking forward to my next box.